To maintain all press tools, fixtures and gauges to enable the achievement of planned production output targets.
- Perform corrective maintenance on all press tool, fixtures and gauges.
- Be capable of tool manufacture from finished component drawings.
- Re-grinding punches and dies to laid down requirements.
- Refurbishing weld fixtures.
- Identify cost effective tool maintenance to reduce/eliminate tool downtime.
- Carry out tool inspection, before and after tool maintenance/repairs.
- Assist Team Leaders with improvements to tooling in order to achieve output targets.
- Work with operators/setters to correct product/tooling defects and resolve problems with jobs where product does not meet specification.
- Being responsible for making available fully – operations tooling for production.
- Maintain all relevant records for development purposes.
- Liaise daily with Engineering Manager on tasks of the day.
- Perform other reasonable tasks, within capabilities, as and when required.
- Understanding of engineering drawings.
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- GCSE Level A-C, IVQ Technician certificate, BTec first certificate or equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification.
- Considerable Previous tool making experience.
- Practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
Individuals with different cultures, perspectives and experiences are at the heart of Ricor. We want to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people and make best use of their abilities.
Back to Careers
At Ricor we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for our employees and suppliers. We seek to develop a work environment where we treat all employees as individuals, fairly and in a consistent way. We work within the spirit and the practice of the Equality Act 2010 by promoting a culture of respect, dignity and equality. We actively challenge any form of discrimination because of a protected characteristic: sex, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion and/or belief and age. We will remove unnecessary barriers for our employees’ seeking opportunities through training and development, promotion and career planning.