The Quality Engineer is responsible for improving product quality, increasing process efficiency, and reducing operating costs by reducing variation in the inputs to manufacturing and other business operations.
Ensuring customer satisfaction by improving products and processes through failure mode effects analysis, as well as correction of product failures which occur in the field and process failures which occur in-house.
- Perform process audits to assess compliance, capability, and effectiveness.
- Lead product and manufacturing process improvements through engineering changes.
- Monitor, report, and respond to results of incoming inspections and finished goods audits.
- Ensure performance of suppliers through monitoring of scorecards and corrective actions.
- Investigate and resolve issues impacting customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive actions resulting from non-conformances.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators and supporting data collection systems.
- Lead implementation of basic and advanced quality control tools.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented, with a strong personal drive for success.
- Organisation and time management skills are critical.
- Robust functional knowledge of Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Advanced functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Perform problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Work with production on continuous improvement activities.
- Understanding of Lean Practices.
- Bachelor's degree or similar.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of quality tools used in the industry.
- Analytical and quantitative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of core tools: APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA.
- Awareness of IATF 16949.
Individuals with different cultures, perspectives and experiences are at the heart of Ricor. We want to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people and make best use of their abilities.
Back to Careers
At Ricor we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for our employees and suppliers. We seek to develop a work environment where we treat all employees as individuals, fairly and in a consistent way. We work within the spirit and the practice of the Equality Act 2010 by promoting a culture of respect, dignity and equality. We actively challenge any form of discrimination because of a protected characteristic: sex, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion and/or belief and age. We will remove unnecessary barriers for our employees’ seeking opportunities through training and development, promotion and career planning.